Sunday, 8 December 2013

Weekly favourites

                                 
This weeks favourites isn't too exciting as I have spent most of it in bed or on the sofa with a really bad cold. There has been a few things that have kept me going though and I am glad to say I am fit and healthy again.

First up is the Ciate Advent Calendar which has brightened up my mornings everyday this week. I wasn't sure whether to get this to begin with but I am so glad I did. Every single polish I have loved so far and I can't wait to open up the doors for the next two weeks. I think it's safe to say I won't be needing any new nail polish for a while. (Who am I kidding?) 

To keep me entertained whilst bed ridden I have been reading the Cook Yourself Thin Cook books, I now have a long list of recipes I want to make. The pink book I have had for a few weeks now and have made about 5 of the recipes so far and I have loved them all. Such simple but tasty recipes that aren't bad for the waste line. 

My skin suffers when I am ill and even though I haven't worn make up for 7 days it still is acting up. To keep hydrated I have been reaching for the Daphine Purifying Balm and have been applying that as much as possible to my face as well as my cuticles and elbows to keep everything smooth. 

The last item is the mint Babylips which has been keeping my lips from drying. I love these for something quick and easy to apply. 

So those are my favourites this week, do let me know yours? 

12 comments:

  1. I'm very jealous of your advent calendar! I've been super tempted to buy those cookbooks after seeing them on your instagram. Think I will get them for the new year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth getting, I love them. X

      Delete
  2. I so need to try babylips!

    I have a giveaway running with no follow needed http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/christmas-gift-guide-7-peppy-galore.html
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better now? enjoy your nail polishes by Christmas you can paint a different colour on each finger & toe and still have spares ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, bit excessive isn't it. ;) haha. X

      Delete
  4. The Ciate Advent Calendar looks so exciting. I have been loving seeing what people are getting in them. A girl can never have too many nail polishes
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a horrendous cold at the moment :( i've been using the babylips like crazy! I love the little Ciate varnishes, I went to the clothes show yesterday and picked some up! xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were such a bargain at the clothes show, gutted I didn't go. X

      Delete
  6. Those Cook Yourself Thin books are great - have you tried the chocolate cake with beetroot in it? Amazing! Hope you're feeling better hun x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but it does look so good, xx

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting :) x