Friday, 7 December 2012

Winter Skincare Essentials

Even though I have oily skin, when the colder months come it can get very dehydrated. I thought I would share with you some products that I go to at this time of year to keep my skin plump.


The Hydraluron Serum is just a great product to help hydrate your skin. It is a very light serum that you put under your moisturiser. It contains hyaluronic acid which is amazing for the skin as it holds 1000 times its weight in water.
I then also use the Antipodes Divine Facial Oil at night. This contains Avacado Oil and Rosehip which is great for scarring and for nourishing the skin. I love using oils as it feels like your giving yourself a real pamper and they are just great for all skin types.
Carrying on with oils, I love using cleansing oils. They remove make up easily and do not give you that tight feeling like other cleansers can. At the moment I have just started trying out the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil which I am really enjoying. I usually use the Mac Cleanse off oil which I adore. Both products you apply to dry skin and massage in, you then remove it with a flannel.

My lips get very sore and dry in the winter and I have found two things that have really helped this year. My lips have been cracking at the side of my mouth and its made it really uncomfortable to eat and drink. I was recommended to use the Blistex Relief Cream as it is a medicated lip cream. This has transformed my lips, I apply it every morning and night and it does tingle a little but it really helps to keep my lips nourished. I have also started to take Vitamin B Tablets as apparently cracked lips is a sign of you lacking in Vitamin B. I have been recommend to try this by several people so I thought it was worth a go. I haven't been taking it long but I am hoping it will help to prevent the my lips cracking in the future.

Lastly, hands. I have spoken about the L'Occitane Hand Cream recently but it really has become a firm favourite. My hands get horribly dry in the winter, they look like old lady hands and this hand cream has really helped to keep them moisturised.

I'd love to know what products you use to help your skin in the winter?

28 comments:

  1. Firstly the above comment, she's been spamming my blog with this giveaway! Now back to your lovely blog, I really must try the Antipodes oil. My favourites for winter have been Balmology Comfort Balm, Crazy Rumor Lip Balm and Dr Organic Manuka hand cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted the comment. lol. I love Dr Organic and the Comfort balm sounds great. x

      Delete
  2. Loccitane has become my fav hand cream too, I can't live without it. I also really want to try the antipodes oil. Didn't realise you could use oils to remove make up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes oils and balms are the best for removing make up, they are so gentle. x

      Delete
  3. Ooh some new products to try :)
    I need a new night moisturiser
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. you should really try a facial oil at night you wake up with such glowing skin. x

      Delete
  4. Heard so much about the hyrdaluron cream. Might have to check it out. Winter skin does need a little extra push

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to try the hand cream, I'm a gardener so my skin takes a real beating from the elements & is really dry. I'm using Bodyshop's intensive rose hand cream at night with cotton gloves on too and they feel lovely first thing but as the day goes on it's back to old lady hands. I'm with you on the Blistex it great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hemp hand cream is really good as well, my dad's a gardener and he swears by it. x

      Delete
  6. I really want to try Hydraluron!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing amazing reviews of Antipode products! The face oil sounds lovely, definitely want to give it a go :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should. I want to try more from the range for sure. x

      Delete
  8. I am loving the Hydraluron serum! It's so light weight, great for us oily & combination types! It means my skin stays more balanced all day too. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your loving it hun. I think its great. x

      Delete
  9. Love your picks! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want a serum to wear under my day cream and might have to give Hydraluron a go! xx
    kittymakesup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great. :) I really like the Aesop parsley seed serum as well. x

      Delete
  11. I have the same issue with winter - my oily/combo skin just gets so dehydrated from the cold weather and air conditioning :( The Antipodes face oil sounds lovely! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Air conditioning is the worst, I always get a sore throat from it at work. xx

      Delete
  12. My skin has been completely sucked of moisture lately but for the last week or so my forehead has been so oily. It looks like someone is shining a light on it all day! lol

    I ment to pick up Hydraluron but forgot, again! I was only in Boots about 5 times this week. lol

    You're right, cracking lips is a sign of Vit B deficiency. The corners of my mouth used to feel like I had constant paper cuts that would never heal then I found out I have a Vitamin B12 deficiency and since having B12 injections it's cleared up and hasn't came back. The vitamins should definitely help.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats really interesting to know. They have definitely been better since taking the vitamins. You really must pick the serum up I think you would love it. x

      Delete
  13. Ahh I love the L'Occitane hand cream too! It smells divine :) I have heard lots of positive reviews on that DHC oil products. I am going to try that once I finished my current product.

    xx Meryl @ Memoiselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really liking the DHC oil. A little goes a long way too. x

      Delete
  14. The products you mentioned sound amazing! I really wanna try L'Occitane as I've heard great things about the brand :)

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting :) x